More interesting articles here :
1. Generation Enggelmundus
2. NATURAL HOME REMEDIES SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE
3. TUTORIAL TESTING SOFTWARE
Varicose veins are abhorrent knotted veins that usually appear on the legs mostly due to poor blood circulation and limited elasticity on the vein walls. They pose no danger to an individual, but they can sometimes be painful, causing a lot of discomforts. One of the best ways to manage the condition is the use of the natural and essential oils for varicose veins.
Causes of Varicose Veins
The following are the causes of this insufficient blood circulation condition:
- Lack of physical exercise.
- Standing for extended period of time.
- Gaining weight especially during pregnancy.
- Hormonal irregularities.
- Poor nutrition.
- In rare occasions, these veins can be hereditary.
Enhancing Blood Circulation with Essential Oils for Varicose Veins
The use of essential oils helps in enhancing blood circulation by strengthening the capillary walls in vessels. Here are some of the most commonly used therapeutic oils for effective cure of varicose veins:
- Juniper Berry
- Virginian Cedar
Most effective recipes of Using Essential Oils for Varicose Veins:
Hot and cold foot bath
You will need to have with you two bowls, large enough to fit both feet, three drops of each lavender and geranium.
- Fill the two containers with equal amounts of water, one with hot and another one with cold, and if possible add some ice to the cold water.
- To the cold water add lavender and the hot water add geranium.
- Dip both feet into the cold water bowl and leave them for at least five minutes before dipping them into the hot water for the same duration.
Massage concoction for Varicose Veins
You will need 4 teaspoons of carrier oil, 10 drops of geranium, 5 drops of cypress, and 10 drops of neroli.
- Mix all the essential oils and the carrier oil in a glass jar of approximately 1oz.
- Use one or two teaspoons of the mixture to massage your legs.
- Glide your hand up from the ankle to the top and back but do not rub the veins directly.
- Keep your feet in an elevated position after the massage, and repeat the same process twice daily until the varicose veins disappear.
Massage mix with Yarrow
Here you will only need one tablespoon of carrier oil, and 4 drops of yarrow.
- Mix the carrier oil and yarrow in a clean jar.
- Use your hand to massage both legs from the ankle using a reasonable amount of the mixture. Ensure that you do not apply the oil directly to the veins.
- Always keep your legs elevated after the massage. Repeat the procedure daily for three to four more days.
- Yarrow works as a stimulating agent for blood circulation, thus creating healthy veins.
Massage Oil Mix for the Prevention of Varicose Veins
Have 10 drops each of cypress and geranium, 5 drops each of peppermint and lemon, and 2 tablespoons of carrier oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a non-reactive bowl.
- Massage the oil mixture upwards from your ankle moving upwards to the thighs, but ensure that you are gentle when you are nearing the affected areas.
- Place your feet in an elevated position for some time and be sure to repeat this procedure twice every day.
This is a preventive measure to those who do not have varicose veins, but it is also used to cure the condition by people who already have it.
For the daytime massage oil mix, you will need 15 drops of cypress, 10 drops of geranium, and 5 drops of hyssop. For the night combination, you will need 30 drops of parsley, and 2 tablespoons of carrier oil.
- Mix all the ingredients for day and night in separate vessels.
- Use each combination to massage the legs at the right time avoiding the varicose veins.
- Take a moment to relax your feet after the massage, and repeat the procedure for a couple of days and nights.
Be very careful not to use mistakenly the wrong combination at the wrong time. You can mark the mix jars for convenience purposes.
Massage oil for legs
Avail 2 ounces of avocado oil, 20 drops of lemongrass, 6 drops of rosemary, 6 drops of frankincense, 6 drops of chamomile, 2 ounces of jojoba oil, 10 drops each of cypress and Helichrysum, and finally 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil.
- Use a clean sprayer or dropper bottle to thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- Use a significant amount of oil mixture to apply and massage all over the legs right from the ankle.
- Repeat the procedure at least twice to thrice a day.
- To guarantee the validity of your mix, store the bottle in a cool place away from heat.
Helichrysum is a basic type of essential oil that works as an antiseptic, anticoagulant, and an antispasmodic. A drop or two of this oil can be applied directly to the varicose veins, or used with other oils to form a massage mixture.
To come up with this mix, you will need 1 or 2 drops of Helichrysum oil, 4 drops of basil oil, and one drop each of wintergreen and cypress oils.
- Thoroughly mix all the oils in a clean bottle.
- Apply the mixture directly over the veins and massage lightly.
- For the best results use twice daily for a few days until they have disappeared.
- Always remember to apply oil mixes on clean, dry legs.
Oil blend for gentle massage
For this procedure, you need to have with you 15 drops each of cypress and geranium oils, 10 drops of basil oil, and 40mls of carrier oil.
Mix all the oils in a glass bottle and shake well to mix.
Use significant amounts to massage both legs firmly, but be gentle with the varicose veins.
Apply the mix twice daily until you can see results.
Oil Blend for bathing
This is a simple procedure where you will only need 5 drops each of geranium and cypress oils.
- After mixing the oils, infuse a few drops into your bathtub with warm water.
- Get in the tub and ensure that your legs are fully submerged in the water.
- Massage your feet with the water/oil mixture for around 5 minutes.
- Maintain that routine for a few days, but always ascertain that you use not more than 5 drops of oil at a go.
Remaining active is the best way to keep the varicose veins in check. By being active especially during pregnancy enhances blood circulations across the body parts more so the legs without the risk of having to clog in the blood vessels. It is a far-sight move to opt for the best essential oils for varicose veins remedies that will help prevent or cure the varicose veins condition so as to avoid discomfort and other complications associated with poor circulation of the blood across the body.